Monday, February 3, 2014

Mayhem and Monsters(but mostly just monotony)

Well, ah, fuck it I guess.

She wants the story told, and she asked me to tell it. And honestly? I'm not about to argue with her.

Hi, you can call me Mr. Flint. I work for a monster, too. And to be honest with you, aside from the screaming, it's not all that horrifying. I've heard plenty of screams over the years. These ones aren't so different. I just deliver messages, most of the time, anyway. It's not so bad. 

Apparently I'm going to be the scribe for one Jessica Carter from now on(and no, I won't be referring to her by the late Bradley's term of endearment, 'The Monster' unless she explicitly asks me to. It's hard to argue with a woman who regularly eats eyeballs off forks.)

So what does that mean for this blog?

First off, it means a lot more coherence. Jess has asked that I continue transcribing Bradley's journals here(yes, she is still convinced that he was her son) for all the world to see. But I can put the pieces together a lot faster and a lot more cleanly, despite the fact that Jess has taken a big red crayon to a lot of what he wrote. Apparently, there are a lot of stories recorded by Bradley that she wants told. She's only just shown the loose sheets of journal paper to me, so it's going to take some time to compile things in the right order. Especially since she's scribbled out some of the dates. I think she just enjoys intentionally obfuscating things.

Second, I'll be able to give you a better read-out than she will on what's going on right now, on a day-to-day basis. Jess has taken me on as a sort of errand boy slash personal assistant, so I spend most of my time in close proximity with the crazy kook. There's a lot she gets up to, being a mob boss and all- and yes, she is exactly that. I'm not sure whether she has the capacity to explain all of it. She's smart, but in more of a primal, instinctive sense than a 'sit down and contemplate the mysteries of the universe' kind of way. Writing things down as they happen, accurately, is not exactly her strong suit. As you've all seen.

I know this blog hasn't been active for a few months now. Pretty sure it was bugging Jess that she hadn't kept on with the story. Which is odd. But she hired me to write the rest of it down, so it must have been important to her somehow. Not really sure if there'll be an audience for this, but...eh, whatever, I don't care. 

Next journal entry goes up tomorrow. Gotta go see a man about a debt.

-Mr. Flint

4 comments:

  1. So, Flint, Jess is the head of some criminal organisation, I gather. What do you guys profit off?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surprisingly normal stuff, for a criminal organization, anyway. Drug-running, money laundering, blackmail, murder, etc., etc. ... I've worked for a lot of mob bosses, it's basically the same stuff, only Jess asks to have heads and vital organs dropped off at her door more often. And she throws way creepier "parties"(hint: they're not really parties at all.)

      Good question, though, very good. Letting me get all informative, thanks for that.

      Delete
    2. Tell me about these "parties".

      Delete
  2. Oh look at that. Shes still alive.

    ReplyDelete