Tuesday, June 4, 2013

I Work For A Monster

It's true.

I've been thinking about it recently, thinking real hard, and I've come to the conclusion that I need a place to talk about what I do for a living. A place where The Monster won't see me, won't know who I am, but where maybe people can talk to me about this.

I know, it's melodramatic, talking about my boss as "The Monster" like that. But it's true. That's what my boss is, is something horrible, something evil, something eldritch.

I've seen The Monster slice people up and use their organs as decorations before they've even had the good fortune of dying first.

I've seen The Monster wear skin and hair like clothes, bones as jewelry.

I've seen The Monster organize the deaths of hundreds, without a second thought, like its easy to command others to kill, and The Monster always smiles at this time.

I can only imagine what The Monster is thinking all this time, and I don't like to do that. I much prefer to stay in my own head, leave all that shit alone. I'm not brainy, I don't feel like making myself sick wondering what my boss thinks and feels. Our operation, we just do what The Monster tells us to do, and we hope that it won't kill us in the cross-fire because it is so, so violent and volatile and vicious.

I want out, but there is no out, not when you work for a monster, for The Monster.

It's not human, afterall.

2 comments:

  1. Oh there's an out. You wouldn't be the first I've given that out to. Seems Archy doesn't tend to take those who have been claimed by one of the Others so my out stays permanent.

    ReplyDelete