Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Searching for Meaning(I suppose, anyway)

Oh, look at that. Jessica made a post. 

I'd love to say I didn't already know about that. But I did. She made sure that I was aware. And anyway, I suspected something like this was going to happen, sooner or later. Lately every time I see her, she's rattling on about what's been going on online. It has her excited, for some reason. I'm not entirely sure why. It's hard to get concrete information out of Jessica when she's manic like she has been. Mostly all I get is a lot of "Cunts!" and other, less eloquent swear words. But there was something she said the other day that caught my interest, and shed a little light on what's going through her mind in conjunction with her post. 

I'm paraphrasing, here, but honestly the conversation stuck out to me enough that I remember most of it. She said to me, "You don't know what they do to people like me, [Mr. Flint]! They do terrible, awful things...they would bring me down if they could! Poke and prod and stab until my whole heart just PLOP! Dropped out, just like that. It's disgusting. Even while they're staring at me, at us, like we're freaks, they're studying and examining and talking about what we do. They practically drool at the chance to get into our heads, to see the things people like us do, the things they wish they could do for themselves! They'd never admit it. Oh, no, they'd never admit it. They want to be us, but since they can't, they make us into them. I won't have it. We're going to do something about it!"

I look at that, and then I look at what she wrote in that last post about David Banks, and I'm wondering if the two are connected. She's got me making travel arrangements for us(us being her, myself, Andre, and a few of ours Andre usually insists we keep nearby) and I can't make heads or tails of where we're going. A few different stops, it looks like, and none of them seem to be connected.

With Jessica, they might mean something, or they might be a pointless waste of money on completely insane bullshit. Who knows? All I know is, if it's something Jessica is excited about, it's something I've got to put a lot of effort into. Wouldn't want to end up dinner any time soon.

Even with all of this on my plate, I've managed to locate and pin down the timeline for the next four entries in Bradley's journal. The next one won't require any fancy formatting, so I'll throw it up tomorrow morning after breakfast. After that, it's going to take some time to get the others out-- I'm having a damn hard time making sense of them, and the content is just baffling... ah well, you'll see soon enough.

-Mr. Flint.

1 comment:

  1. What are you talking about with this 'us'. Its you. YOU are the freak. YOU are the inhuman monster.

    A world where everyone acts on impulse would be a fucking mess. You wouldn't have a gang anymore. They'd be too busy destroying each other to be yours anymore.

    ReplyDelete